Monday, November 26, 2012

Reduce, REUSE, Recycle has passed 1000 views!

I know 1000 isn't much; but, it feels like a pretty big milestone for a start-up blog like this. I will be posting new content each day for the next week to celebrate and am taking the opportunity to reflect on Reduce, REUSE, Recycle thus far. I will be looking at how I have pursued my mission statement and assessing where I am at in terms of my goals.

Mission Statement

My mission is to make people aware of why reusing is important and how they can reuse. Excluding posts about the blog itself, I feel all posts have contributed to my mission some how. 250,00,00 Tons of Trash From 1 Country In 1 Year shows the extent of the waste problem in the United states. Deforestation: Problems and Solutions talks about the environmental impact of consuming the world's forests. Bio-Bug: The Car Powered by Poop and POLLI-Bricks: Turning Plastic Waste Into Stylish Living look at technical innovations for reusing while Check Out Reduce, Reuse UPcycle!: 22 Upcycled Halloween Projects, Paper Projects: Shredded Paper, Newspaper Bags, and Magazine Coasters, Shipping Pallet Projects, and Donate Your Old Things, Get New Things By Buying Used each provide ideas for people to reuse. Additionally, the Project Ideas page of Reduce, REUSE, Recycle provides quick and easy access to all of the reuse projects featured in these posts and offers even more reuse ideas in the form of links and reader submissions.

Goals

I created Reduce, REUSE, Recycle with three goals in mind: 

   1. Educate 
   2. Raise Awareness
   3. Incite Action

Content posts fulfill my first goal by providing readers with information about environmental issues and options for reusing to help combat the issues. Various comments and a submitted story show that people are reading and becoming more aware, fulfilling my second goal. The "Has Reduce, REUSE, Recycle inspired you to reuse?" poll and Stories of Inspiration show that Reduce, REUSE, Recycle has begun to incited action in its readers, fulfilling my third and final goal.

Plan

I will continue to pursue my mission and further meet my goals by posting more information about environmental issues and offering more options for reusing to make taking action even easier.

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah and Jubilations! Congrats on your rising viewership!

    ReplyDelete